Every year, we make resolutions that are supposedly going to transform our lives…until we say screw it…usually because we chose something unrealistic. If you want to make yourself a more well-rounded dude in 2022, you might be able to help yourself by taking smaller steps to complete a bigger picture. Here are a few easy things you can do that’ll multiply your awesomeness level by year’s end.
- Alarm Clock –Get a real one. Keep your phone out of your room because there’s too much of a temptation to look at it. Also, put it across the room so you have to get up to turn it off, which should break your “snooze” habit.
- Read –Find something that interests you and read about it. It gives you some isolated “me” time and will make you smarter. Shoot for a book a month…or even one each week if you’re feeling truly ambitious.
- Water –Ditch everything but water for a month and learn the true power of hydration.
- Strength Training –It’ll improve your health, weight, testosterone, and general outlook. Nothing feeds drive like accomplishment.
- Mom –Call her…she misses you…once a week if you can. One day, you’ll regret not doing it more.
- Compliments –Give out at least one a day. Positivity breeds positivity.
- Dinner Party –Host some friends over once every three months. Learn to cook and be social. Plus, it gives you a reason to clean the place.
- Walk –It’s good cardio and gives you some head-clearing time.
- Journal –Get the poison out of your head, and let it live on paper. Writing can be a form of therapy and helps you think things through. Even if you don’t think you have anything to say…write something.
- Plan –You don’t need to script out your minute-by-minute weekend plans but putting together a nice checklist of things you want to do during your down time can help you focus and get them done, whether their home chores or recreational activities.
- Notifications –Unless you’re a doctor or a lawyer, there’s rarely going to be any notification that comes through your phone that’s that urgent. Turn them off.
- Floss –Get your dentist off your back. Not having gums that bleed, it turns out, feels like an accomplishment when you get there.
- Hobby –You’re never too old to try something new. Pick up a hobby.
Check out the full article at Art of Manliness